Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"I will just use Proverbs 31 to find my wife..."

Well this week was not easy, that is for sure. 
We had everything set up perfectly for the baptism of Ari on Saturday.  He was interviewed on Saturday morning at 11 and passed with no problem.  We went to lunch in high spirits.  Then the dang monsoon rains began.  Holy dang I have not been that wet in my whole life.  So anyway, we called Ari at about 4:30 to verify everything.  He was like "Well, my wife Neide got pretty mad that I was planning on getting baptized without her, and we fought a little bit.  I don't think it is going to work out at least for today."  
Oh my geez I thought Elder Carmo was going to cry, I thought I was gonna break something.  Dang Neide with her witch magic messed up Ari´s baptism and the potential Eternal future of her entire family!!  I don't think she really recognizes that if she AND/OR Ari don't get baptized, they can not be together forever.  She is always worried about if her and her kids are going to be separated when she dies.  I, in my angry state, wanted to run over there and yell "Well if YOU don't get your act together and get baptized, and Ari does, you will be the only one left out of the Celestial Kingdom and they will all be up there partying in a cherubic manner and you will be doing who knows what in the terrestrial!!" 
Dang salvation-impeding woman.  Now I understand why my young men's leaders always taught that a dude always needs to marry a woman that will elevate him, because if he doesn't she will just be an eternal drag.  I will just use Proverbs 31 to find my wife: "She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar."  I don't really know what that means, but it seems like it would be a good characteristic. 
Well, I do have good news too.  The friend of this girl in the branch has come to church the last two weeks and really likes going to church!  The only problem is that she never is home!!  We have gone there multiple times to teach her and not once has she been available.  But we have faith that we will find a bit of time to teach her.  Also Luiz is good.  He was out of town for a while, but he got back yesterday.  We taught him a lesson about how we can be good servants of the Lord and he asked us "So what happens after someone is baptized?  Do I have to pay money or do anything weird?"  We were like "You just gotta keep the commandments!"  He is excited, and I know that he will be baptized sooner or later. 
April was the worst month in the history of my mission, only 41 baptisms.  I think that is how many people get baptized in a year in a lot of missions.  But I think sometimes being pushy creates a lot of less active members like Aunt Jayne saw in France (I didn't know she went on a mission, that's ill). 
Well, I didn't take any photos this week because it was really rainy and I didn't want to take my camera with me and have it get broken.  So sorry about that.  I'm sending a letter to Charlotte today, I don't know her address so I'll just send it to the house.  I don't have tons to say today, sorry again.
Well, keep up the good work in the gospel.  Love you all!!! 
Elder Joseph

Whatever comes up, comes out; I don´t put my hands over my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment