Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter to the home ward (congregation)

Dear Woodruff Ward,
Well, time has gone by extremely fast. I have now been out for over a year, and it has been an incredible journey to this point.
I have learned innumerable things and changed dramatically. I know that going on a mission is the only thing that can bring to pass such drastic changes in the lives of young men so quickly.
Here in the Brazil Londrina mission, we are blessed with a lot of people to teach. My current area is part of the city of Londrina. We have about 150,000 people here in our area, for just my companion and I to teach. "The harvest is great, but the laborers are few." But if we have the Spirit and work with all our heart, might, mind, and strength, "We all things can do".
My companion is a 26 year old Brasilian. He has been on the mission for 7 months, and has been a member of the church for a little less than 2 years. One great blessing given to those of us born in the church is that we have 19 years of mission prep, whereas recent converts often times have just one year. We need to start preparing from the day we are born and show our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for all He has done for us.
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God, established on the earth in preparation for the second coming of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and He lives. The Book of Mormon is true, and holds the secrets to entry into the celestial kingdom.
Young men, GO ON MISSIONS!!
Until 2011
---Elder Joseph Burt
P.S. Sorry for the bad English. I haven't spoken English in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment