Monday, January 10, 2011

"Her name is super bizarre in Portuguese...but we will baptize her all the same."

A sunrise


Igapo Lake in my area


SUBWAY for lunch

Well, this week was pretty normal. Rosangela is doing well, she has read until 2 Nephi something and is liking it. We are trying to get her to pray, which has been a problem for her until now. When she takes time to pray and see if the book is true, she will be baptized, and probably her sons will just follow her example.
Her husband, Adão is really hard to find at home, and he doesn't communicate very well with his wife. But that family is way bomb, Rosangela said that really she hasn't followed any church steadily because her mom was a fervent Catholic that spent more time at church that with her kids. So Rosangela never really liked churches and promised herself that her children would always be priority.
Now that her kids are old (one about to start the last year of high school and the other already in college) she has time to follow a church. The only real problem is that her mother-in-law, Dina, has Alzheimers and three hours in church are very tiring for her. Rosangela usually takes care of Dina, so that makes it hard for her to come to church. But her progress is good, her sons are starting to get interested (one asked what happens to babies and small children that die-MORONI 8). So that is the family that I like most and is progressing best.
There is this eight year old girl whose sister is a member that wants to get baptized. Her name is super bizarre in Portuguese, Laynefer (pronounced LINE-eh-fur) but we will baptize her all the same.
We have a few other people that are doing alright, but nobody that I haven't already mentioned.
We helped the other elders in the district in their area the other day, and they sent us to this place that they had never visited before.
It is a really big neighborhood on the map, so we were stoked to establish the church there. We had to cut through the university to get to the area, about a 40 minute walk. We got to where the neighborhood should have been and found only partially finished roads covered in a soy plantation. I took a photo of the Lost Neighborhood and attached it in this email.
I ate Subway for lunch last Tuesday, daaang subway is GOOOD. My comp thinks it is worthless junk food. but whatever, I got it on whole bread.
Well, the mission is the best. We are having a great time, our relationship is good, and the success is just around the corner. I am diggin this area.
For my birthday I could use some learning glasses (I think I explained it before Christmas), and basically letters and photos and stuff. I thought of something else, I will think of it and tell you next week.
Love you all
Joseph
The lost city


Pay close attention to the impressive tan lines on my arm from my shirt and watch


"One of them got out a revolver, and the man said, "Yes, this may scare people who believe in many gods and one world, because for them this would end everything. I am a person who believes in one god, but in many worlds. So you can't scare me with that."
-Matisyahu

No comments:

Post a Comment