Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Know that Jesus Christ...is the universal cure to all pains physical and spiritual."

Well, this has been a pretty good week. We had the confirmation of Lourdes on Sunday, which was a great moment. She felt the Gift enter her soul, and we all felt the spirit. We had a member of the bishopric do the confirmation so she will have a better connection with the permanent members of the ward. One of her daughters also came to church, and it looks like she also wants to get baptized.
We have a lot of investigators who should have gone to church on Sunday, but didn't.
One of the most awesome investigators we have is Washington. We started teaching him about a month ago and he has been super positive and interested since day one. We went and visited him on Friday, and he said "I wanted to tell you guys something about the plan (Plan of Salvation). Three weeks or a month ago I was not even at all concerned about anything. I was just like 'ah lets go eat pizza, lets have a barbecue, those were my concerns. But since I found out about the plan I look at everything different. This is serious, this life we have. Now I am concerned about if I will make it to the sun or the moon or the star. And I am making changes."
He was moved by the spirit and definitely has started his conversion, but his daughter had to go to the hospital on Sunday morning and he was not able to make it to church. But this week we have more faith that it is gonna happen.
We also have this family, Aline and Michael (which is a male name here), who are married for real, and Lena, who is Michael's mom. They are really cool/interesting people.
Lena used to mess with Voodoo and black magic and devil worship and stuff, and says that she sees messengers from the other side all the time that bring her messages. So I dunno if we will have to do an exorcism or something like that, that would be pretty interesting. Anyway, the family is not religious, and basically Aline and Michael have always disliked religious people like us.
But when we go to their house, they tell us about how much they feel the spirit and how much we have changed the atmosphere of their home. Michael is a cool dude, he has some cool hair. I believe that they too will be baptized after going to church and overcoming beer and cigarettes.
I have been able to develop a lot of love for the people here, investigators AND members.
I continue praying for Barb, Tim, and the entire Burt family, which is passing through a very difficult time. Know that Jesus Christ understands the problems, passed through them himself, and is the universal cure to all pains physical and spiritual.
P-day will be on Monday from here on out, so I will be sending my next email in just five days. I don't know why it changed, but it did.
Thanks for all the help, may God bless you all.
Love
Joseph

"But look how they treat us
Make us believers
We fight their battles
Then they deceive us
Tried to control us
They couldn't hold us
Cause we just move forward
Like Buffalo Soldiers"

No comments:

Post a Comment