Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"...Lourdes got baptized on Sunday!"



Well, General Conference was sensational. We got to watch as many sessions as we wanted this time, so we watched the Saturday morning and Sunday sessions. I really liked all of them, and yes, mom, President Uchtdorf's joke was hilarious. We American elders put a tv in a classroom and were able to watch in English, which is ten times better than in portuguese.
Well, the notice of the week would be that Lourdes got baptized on Sunday! It was a great moment. She swapped Coffee for Cevada and was baptized by Elder Barbosa. It was a nice little baptismal service, and she will be confirmed next week.
Basically I'm getting more and more frustrated with my companion. I have taught him to do things I never imagined I would have to teach to anyone, things that are completely self explanatory, like taking money out of an ATM, reading and sending emails, not using my razor and eating my food...stuff that has seemed obvious to me since I was born.
Especially with President Monson's talk, I gained a greater gratitude for all the things you, Mom and Dad, taught me that I never realized were so hard for some people. He shows little to no desire to learn, refuses to study, doesn't pay attention in our training meetings, refuses to get up at 6:30, and only walks at a decent pace when we are on the way home at the end of the day.
I would be surprised if he makes it through the two years, he does not want to be a missionary.
Aside from that, things have been really good. I have been learning a ton, and have stopped seeing the hard parts of missionary work (aside from having a companion lol).
Today, we are going to play soccer with a few elders from our zone, (SOCCER IS LIBERATED)
so I'm pretty dang excited for that.
Well, that is about all I have this week, I used most of my time writing a letter to the mission president. So yeah...until next week!
Love you all
Joseph


"But look how they treat us
Make us believers
We fight their battles
Then they deceive us
Tried to control us
They couldn't hold us
Cause we just move forward
Like Buffalo Soldiers"

No comments:

Post a Comment