Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"So I'm dang psyched to talk to everyone on Saturday!"


Well, on Tuesday President called and told me that I would be transferred and asked if our area would be a safe place for sisters. I told him it would.
So on Wednesday the assistants called and told me I would be training and opening an area.
On Thursday, we found out that Elder D. Barbosa would be transferred and that sisters would enter.
On Friday Morning I had a trainers meeting and got assigned to my new area and new companion.
So now I am in the Quebec Ward, Londrina Stake with Elder De Azevedo, from Manaus. Quebec is the rich ward, so lunches are stellar. Also, this is known as the ward that functions. We have meetings about missionary work with presidents of every organization, the bishop was the last stake president here and is super stoked about missionary work, the ward mission leader is full of ideas and makes stuff happen, and people don't complain about the ward, they look for solutions.
It is a huge help for the missionaries, basically anything we say, they do. But there has not been a baptism here for 6 months. Why? In the words of Elder Allred: "There has not been a good pair of missionaries there for over a year." So we are going to try to reverse that luck in the next six weeks. We will have the first baptism in 3 weeks, so that will make all the members super stoked.
So I'm dang psyched to talk to everyone on Saturday! So, the number will most likely be -----. The number to call is the house of the counselor in the stake presidency. If for some reason we go somewhere else for lunch, I will call you from a payphone and get you the new number or email you. So in the run-up to the phone call, keep an eye on the email.
Elder De Azevedo is a pretty dang good dude, he already knows how to teach a lot. In my district we have the ghetto ward, of which 80% is off limits to the missionaries because they were informed by an armed man that he will shoot them if they enter.
Well I love you, have a great Christmas, until Saturday!!
Joseph

"One of them got out a revolver, and the man said, "Yes, this may scare people who believe in many gods and one world, because for them this would end everything. I am a person who believes in one god, but in many worlds. So you can't scare me with that."
-Matisyahu

No comments:

Post a Comment