Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"That is going to take a ton of work. We are up to it."

Me in a spoon.


Well I have no idea why my email didn't work last week. One of the secretaries called me and told me that you guys didn't receive my email, I am so sorry. I will double check every time to make sure it gets sent.
Well, basically this week was HIGHLIGHTED by the problems between the other pair in our district. Tempers were already short there, and now it popped off.
Elder ____ wanted to buy food on Saturday night, but Elder ____ did not. So, as ____ is still struggling with the Portuguese, they called me to translate. So ____ told me what he wanted ____ to hear.
While I was relating it to ____, ____ shoved ____ and I heard them yelling. ____ took off on his own to buy food and then continue on to our house. ____ called President Tavares.
Elder Miranda (Joey's companion) and I decided that we would find ____, who was basically helpless. Luckily some members found him and brought him to us. So I had to go sleep at the other elders' house and go to church with ____ while Elder Miranda stayed in our area with ____.
We traded comps again after lunch on Monday, Miranda and I reuniting. About ten minutes later, _____ ran away again. So the Zone leaders went to pick him up, and ____ stayed at our house. He got a new comp on Monday, and ____ went to another area close by.
It was a huge mess, basically just a lack of humility on their parts. I'm just glad the huge knife didn't get involved LoL.
But we are good here in Semíramis. Two of our investigators, Getúlio and Gabriel, went to church, and I think they liked it a lot.
We have been finding a lot of new people to teach, and we hoped that a lot more people would have gone to church on Sunday, but this Sunday we will make it happen.
Last Sunday, President and Sister Tavares came to our ward, along with the area 70, Elder Tobias, and the Stake President. I guess this ward is going to be divided in a few years. (That is going to take a ton of work. We are up to it.)
We had interviews with President today, it was good to get to know him a little bit. And to show him that I am easily the best missionary on earth. LoL. That was a joke. My jokes have really lost all comedic quality, I am sorry.
We watched Toy Story 3 last Wednesday (A member bought it from a street vendor... that is pretty much how it works here.), I thought it was pretty good.
I got letters from a bunch of missionary friends, Ellis, Allred, Cannon, Borgogna, Fujimoto, and Yuma. That was nice.
I don't really have a lot of specific information right now, but I will next week I promise.
That's all for now, thank you for the great emails, feel free to send photos too, that would actually be really good. We found a better internet place.
Love forever
Joseph

I will improve my photo taking habits as well.


"But look how they treat us
Make us believers
We fight their battles
Then they decieve us
Tried to control us
They couldnt hold us
Cause we just move forward
Like Buffalo Soldiers"

No comments:

Post a Comment