Monday, February 21, 2011

"...I prayed basically nonstop in the kitchen/study room."

This week was very hectic. I divided with the elders from University Ward (which strangely enough does not have any students) on Wednesday, then on Thursday when we traded back all hell broke loose.
Elder Prado said that he didn't believe in God anymore and that nothing that happens and nothing we teach has any value. I was like, alright well you are incorrect, bore my testimony of the Godhead, and asked if he wanted to talk to president.
He called, and president told him to get a blessing from me and red some scriptures. So he did it, and spent the rest of the day and evening talking to himself in the bedroom while I prayed basically nonstop in the kitchen/study room. In the end he recovered his faith, but it is still not guaranteed that he will stay here. I hope he stays on his mission.
Well, basically that whole saga messed up the whole week. We had a great visit with Jusmara on Sunday, she is progressing well and is now basically convinced that Catholicism is false because the Book of Mormon is responding to all of her questions that she has had through the years. We are psyched abut her progress.
We had an area 70 visit us today, Elder Tobias, and I have no time to write a decent letter. I love you all, thanks for the emails and support. Everything is good here with me.
Love
Joseph

Jerusalem...

No comments:

Post a Comment