Monday, February 14, 2011

"A worse week with a better attitude"

The jungle


The fixed bed


As the title of this email suggests, the week was worse than the last. We really didn't see any progress on the part of any of our investigators. Junior stopped calling us. Erica is really busy. Catiane is just interested in Elder Prado (jajaja). Jusmara doesn't recognize the truth right in front of her eyes. and everyone else is nonexistent.
We were able to teach very little this week and found few new people. So we have dang high goals this week, hopefully we will break the Quebec teaching record.
I got one dang sick piece of news this week. I was teaching this woman named Daniele in Semiramis a few months ago. She was a sure baptism, but kinda disappeared. I got really disappointed. But I left a teaching record there hoping that the sisters could make it happen.
So last night I was talking to them (we have an investigator who we teach here but was going to go to church there) and she told me that Daniele got married to her boyfriend on Saturday so that she can be baptized this weekend! I got so dang stoked that things worked out for her, it's nuts, when there is an elect person, Heavenly Father does what it takes to get them back.
An Elder was doing a division with me in Semiramis, talked to a dude who gave us his address there, we went there and found that he had moved and Daniele lived in the house behind his. We taught her, but her boyfriend didn't like it. President took out both of us to put in Sisters, who taught her a bunch of specific lessons. So dang ill how that kind of thing works out.
Today, Valentines, marks the three year anniversary since the first Horses Concert at seminary. What a humble beginning to what has become a great legacy.
Things are good with Elder Prado, we are united and stuff, we both want to make changes in this area.
I'm dang stoked to hear about the revolution in Egypt, that is very impressive. The Arab people have enormous oppression from the governors, and I believe this uprising in Egypt can inspire the people of Iran, Saudi Arabia, and other oppressively-governed countries.
It is also an enormous step to the second coming. The gospel would never be preached to the Egyptians as long as they had a theocratic dictator. Maybe things can go forward now.
You asked about how schools are here. I have never been into a school here until now, but from what I have seen on the outside they are pretty good. I believe that schools can be as good as the students let them be. I think in some areas of the city, the education is low-quality, because the students don't really want to learn. It is that way in the whole world.
I took a few good photos this week. I will attach a bunch.
Love you all very much, thanks for the support. There isn't anything more you can do, I just have to do my part to make things work out.
Loooove
Joseph
A rainy afternoon


Two Horses in the darkness


Dreidel

Jerusalem...

No comments:

Post a Comment