Monday, February 28, 2011

"It is so frustrating when people teach false doctrine in church..."

Finally things worked out! We got investigators to go to church for the first time since Elder Prado got here. You asked about Jusmara...She went to church with her daughter, bore her testimony in the Relief Society, and will give us lunch on Saturday. That is dang sick. She is doubtless going to be baptized in a bit.
There is this other dude, Reinaldo, who also went to church. He visited the church once in Ireland, when he worked there. He went with a dude from Cambé, Moacir, who also worked there at the time.
I watched movies at Moacir's house many times with C. Thrapp. Anyway, he is pretty cool, he asked a lot of questions about the temple and stuff.
Also there is this girl named Aline who went to church with her mom, who was inactive for the last fourish years till we visited her with the bishop. She has a lot of potential.
The bad news of all this is that now that things are fixed, I am being transferred, I found out right now.
I will go back to my last district and work in the ward that also meets in the chapel of Semiramis. That is kinda weird, it will be my third area in that stake (Tiradentes) of seven wards, two of which are sisters. I am basically a legend in Tiradentes by now. The new Zone Leader there will be Elder Allred, so I will be able to do divisions with him, that will be ILL demais.
I got the birthday box about two weeks ago, I'm stoked to get into the stuff. But I am being patient this time and waiting till my birthday.
Elder Prado regained the faith. I'll just say it was quite the saga, hopefully I don't have to deal with that again. But in the end I know that now he will be able to be an effective missionary and member.
Speaking of members, I would like to share three points of "Doctrine" shared in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, I think they are all dang funny.
1. We, as members, cannot sleep on Sunday, because it is the Sabbath.
2. Full time missionaries become part of the Quorum of Apostles while in the field, and upon their release return to the Elders Quorum
3. To go to the Celestial Kingdom, you need to be sealed in the temple (this idiotic mix-up provided by a high counselor after reading a scripture about the three degrees of glory in the Celestial and thinking it meant Telestial, Terrestrial, Celestial).
I feel bad for the bishop, and really for any member who reads the scriptures. It is so frustrating when people teach false doctrine in church, especially when we have dope investigators.
My new comp will be Elder Amaral, he is dang sick, so I am excited to work in that area. There are also two sisters and two Americans, it will be very different from my current district. We are going to play beach soccer today on a sand field close to our house, I'm dang stoked. I'll send a bunch of recent photos next week.
I passed 1.5 years...
Love you all
Joseph

Jerusalem...

No comments:

Post a Comment