Monday, March 7, 2011

"My comp...likes to rap with me as we walk from activity to activity."

Well, I don't really know what was going on in this area, but they were not teaching very much and weren't bringing people to church. We found a bunch of dang good people really fast. We have a few incomplete families we are teaching, and a lot of potential baptisms.
It was cool to see all the members of Semiramis on Sunday at church, they were all really happy to have me back in the neighborhood.
On Wednesday, I got a call from the secretaries asking what airport I want to land at. It was really weird, I wish they could have called closer to the end. I will land in Salt Lake (I wanted Logan, but it is impossible) on the 18th of August. SO that's that.
My comp is the MAN!!! He is Elder Amaral, he is from Maceio, Alagoas, which is the most violent capital in the country. He is sick, he has fought people in the street before and stuff. He likes Bob Marley and Matisyahu and likes to rap with me as we walk from activity to activity. He is dang ill, and he is psyched that we are finding good people to teach. He made some good/weird breakfast thing today, it was pretty cool I guess.
I will probably do nothing special on my birthday, just work. Maybe at night I will eat ice cream or order pizza or something. Jim/Elder Allred said he will hook me up with a dope present of some kind. It will probably be an Ensign, that's about as dope as it gets for missionaries.
I don't have a lot to report, all of the missionaries in my district here are super motivated and do a fantastic job. The sisters (really just one of them) talk a lot, so I have to reserve about 20 minutes per night to hear about their activities. But Sometimes I get lucky and the less talkative one (the American) answers the phone, then it doesn't take very long. So that's about all I have to say about that.
Love you all,
Joey

Jerusalem...

No comments:

Post a Comment