Monday, April 18, 2011

"...I have never seen anyone so ready to be baptized."



Bauru is totally different than Londrina. It is basically a lot more ghetto and sick. People throw up low-quality graffiti in all places possible-the church, the front of our house, broken trains... it's pretty dang ill. Also the streets are totally full of sand, like all of the streets. I Can't really figure out why or how that happened, but the fact of the matter is that it is that way. But it's safe to say I love this city.
So on with the email. So the ward I am currently in is the Independence Ward, and I have never passed in any ward even a bit similar. The members here are so dang boss, we get a ton of references and this is the ward that basically is baptizing the most in the whole mission. I had never inherited a baptism in all the times I have been transferred. When I say inherited I mean have anyone progressing. But I got here and there are a lot of people already on the path.
On Sunday we baptized this super sick lady named Osmarina. She was super stoked and I have never seen anyone so ready to be baptized. She was taught four times over the space of 12 days before being baptized. Her son Pablo will be baptized next week, he already wants to go on a mission and learn to play piano in sacrament meeting.
We have a bunch of other people who are also moving forward really well and we are pushing to baptize three people on Sunday.
Well, zone leader basically means a lot of phone calls and organizing a lot of stuff. We do a weekly letter/newspaper on p-day, so my internet time will be seriously reduced from here on out. But I will work to increase my typing speed to get better letters to you all.
Love you, this is the Lord's work!!!
Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment